Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Berry Pinwheel Cake

I was planning on making 2 recipes tonight, Berry Pinwheel Cake and a main dish.  We still had leftovers from last night though, so I just finished up the cake.   Here it is!


Mine doesn't look nearly as good as theirs... Here is the picture they have.

Jenna's rating- 4 out of 5
Tony's rating- 4 out of 5 

I had never heard of lemon curd before, so I looked it up and it turns out Alton Brown had a recipe for it on Good Eats!  I had heard of it.  I just forgot. (I've seen and love almost all of the old Good Eats shows, hence the name of my blog.) It's pretty much a really rich and thick lemon pudding.  Tony really likes it.  Here is the recipe.  It says to use 4 lemons and their zest, but you only need the juice of 2 of the lemons.  (Luckily I watched the episode before I made it. "Egg Files" video clip  (If you start the clip around the halfway point it will be about the right spot).

The other part of this that I wasn't so sure about was using wax paper in the oven.  I didn't want the wax to melt and get on the cake.  Next time I will try it with parchment paper instead.  I don't think it will make much difference.  I've never made a jelly roll or pumpkin roll before so I didn't really know what I was doing.  It turned out pretty tasty.  Not nearly as pretty as theirs did though.  I guess I'll have to start practicing my cake rolling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment